It has been another great week in the MTC with lots of spiritual things and stuff that I have enjoyed however like everything else in life it was not without its challenges. In the past week lots of things have happened here and at home and not all of them have been good. I have learned more this week than before that everything will work itself out in the end and that we should put our trust in the Lord and that he blesses us. We had a devotional a while back where our mission president shared this quote from President Nelson, "The precise challenge you see as impossible maybe the refinement you need in his eyes. The eyes of a loving Heavenly Father." I have come to learn of the truthfulness of this statement as I have faced the trials I have seen this week.
As I have mentioned this week was exciting both at the MTC and at home for our family. Here I spent three days this week at a hospital. On Wednesday I was in excruciating pain early in the morning. We set up a doctor's appointment and went about the rest of our day however I found that as I spent the day reading my scriptures and studying in my room I was blessed as all the pain left me. I was completely better by the time of my doctors appointment and we were able to return to our regular day. Two days later though Elder Loveland was afflicted with some pretty severe heat exhaustion and after we got to the ER they found an abnormality in his heart. They put him through some tests and gave him a heart monitor and after all that they found his only problem was that
he had a slow heartbeat. These are just a few of the blessings I have seen this week as we have endeavored to put all of our trust in the Lord.
he had a slow heartbeat. These are just a few of the blessings I have seen this week as we have endeavored to put all of our trust in the Lord.
One last piece of advice for all of you out there. I would encourage you to read 1Peter 3:15 and take it's advice. Be the kind of people who let your light and testimony shine forth so that others will ask you about your testimony
--
Much Love
Elder Sam Smith
![]() |
| Photo attached to email of Provo Temple Roses in bloom |
![]() |
| Elder Smith and Elder Parsons in the MTC |
1 Peter 3:15 "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:"


No comments:
Post a Comment