Monday, August 3, 2015

Michael was lucky enough to receive the first snail mail letter from our Elder...

7/25/15
Querido Michael,

 Oi, Tudo bem? That is a common greeting in Portuguese. It means "all is well". Usually you respond with Tudo bem, or muito bem (very good). The MTC is tons of fun but lots of work every day. We spend like 8 hours a day studying Portuguese and the Gospel. We have an investigator. We have had two lessons this second one went tons better then the first.
However, to answer your questions, my favorite food so far has been the ribs we had tonight. Best meal by far, however, they have all been better than I thought they would be. Elder Brown, one of my roommates, has gotten us all writing our favorite food of the day. But the ribs by far have been the best. Minho companniero ese comechar Elder Loveland, (My companion's name is Elder Loveland) and he is really nice. He runs alot and has a great spirit.
Gym is awesome! So far we have only gone twice but it is loads of fun! Usually I play four square (quadro quadrado) which is super intense at the MTC. I am getting pretty good though and making friends with the other missionaries.
I love you all so much! You are the best little brother anyone can ask for and I know that you will be fine. Have fun with the xbox and Mom and Dad.
Love,
Elder Sam Smith

1 comment: