Monday, August 8, 2016

Erguer-se e brilhar!




Ola familia tudo bem?
Como ta indo familía? Tudo Joia com vocês?  It has been another great week here in Newmarket and it is crazy how fast time flies.  It is already week twelve here and I can't figure out where the time has gone.  This week has been super good with the amount of new investigators that we are finding and the fact that we are actually seeing our investigators come to church and preparing themselves to walk the covenant pathway and to be baptized.  It is an exciting time to be here and it has been great to see the blessings that have been pouring down from on high.  
   This week we were able to see C come to church.  She is an investigator that we met last week and invited to church but she couldn't come.  She is going through so many trials and the adversary is working with her and she suffers from a lot of physical and mental ailments.  She knows the gospel is true though and has a desire to be baptized.  She is so sweet and we are so happy to be able to help her progress forward to making covenants with the father and receiving all of the blessings He has in store for her. 
   Other than that it was just a week full of hard work and full of the spirit.  It was great.  This week we had our monthly Zone council.  This month the main instruction was on the Book of Mormon and the importance that it has in our lives and in the lives of all those that we work with and that we are able to help learn more about their relationship to their Savior Jesus Christ. I love the Book of Mormon.  I know that I wasn't the best about reading it or really appreciating it.  I know that I cannot live with out reading the book of Mormon. I know that it is true for I have read it.  I have prayed and it has been given to me to know that it is the word of God. I know that you can take any question or doubt into this book and the spirit will reveal all things unto you.  It was electrifying to be in that meeting and I am so grateful for the testimony that I have. 
On to some questions...

1. How was your week?
It was pretty great.  No complaints
2. What did you do in your ESL classes this week?
Well we didn't have as many students but this week they studied how to take public transit. 
3.. How are things with your investigators? Anyone at church this week?
Yeah C and the Investigators are doing great!!
4. What are you going to do for pday?
Bake cookies and then we are painting a deck.  It is C's Birthday so we are going to give her the cookies. 
5. What are you looking forward to this week?
We have food!!!!!!
6.Who did you do exchanges with last week, and what area did you spend the day in?
We ended up not doing them but we are going to this week.  It is with Elder Shepherd, most recently from Spanish Fork, and we will be in Midland. 
7. What new scenic gems or historic sites, or lovely restaurants have you discovered while serving in Newmarket?
Not much really.  There is just a lot of fun stuff to do at like members houses or things like that. 
8. What are you studying this week that you may like to share with us?
Well this week I finished the Book of Mormon on the topic of Faith it was great.  I was able to renew my testimony of the Book of Mormon and I am so glad for all of the blessings that I have seen it bring to my life as well as the lives of all the people that I have met out here. 
9. Back to school time is coming, what is your favorite thing about back to school time of year?  
Going back to school.  Reconnecting with friends and just the crazy things that would happen through out the school year.
10.What type of Pokemon is Flareon most likely to defeat? (Michael wants to know)  Any weaker Grass type. Flareon can do work against other mons that aren't as fast as him.  HE is also better as a physical attacker so might not be the best Idea to try and take down any bulky steel types.  
Well loves,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment