Oi Tudo Bem!
Well it is a countdown indeed. My mom isn't the only one counting I can tell you that. The members have been asking me why I am still here for the past two weeks. It has been more than a little annoying but I will miss them. This last week we started the goodbyes and we have so many more to do this week. This past week has been super busy and a blast however I don't know how we are going to make it through this week.
This last week we had a lot more adventures in opening our mouths and talking to some super interesting people. One lady and I had a very interesting conversation about what the true church had to say about murder and other serious sins and what God would say about revenge as well. Then there was also this drunk guy who got up in my face and Elder Davis almost punched him. It was a lot of fun. I have always kind of struggled with opening my mouth and now that we have really focused on it I have seen the great miracles that come from it. We haven't found many people from our own efforts however through the efforts of other missionaries we have found some of the most solid investigators ever. I am super excited to see what happens in the future and only a little upset that I won't be here for it.
Another cool thing that happened this week was we were able to set a baptismal Date with L and S for the
29th of July. They are eating up the lessons and we have been able to help them overcome all their concerns so far. They have truly been a blessing to work with. We also got to meet with four new investigators that the other missionaries helped us find that are super solid, and we had one lady that walked in to English class
on Saturday and asked us what time church was so that she could start coming. She had to work yesterday but she said that next week she will be there for sure.
Other than that we had some good experiences visiting with the members and getting everything together to get home. I have my departing interview
on Wednesday,
Saturday the Group is having a barbecue for me and then comes
Sunday and then I am on my way out to you guys. It is so crazy!!!! I never thought that the mission would come to an end but here we are.
So onto Questions...
1. What was the funniest thing that happened in the past week?
I don't know after our second barbecue in 3 hours last night when we were running to the car it was really funny because we could barely run with how full we were.
2. What are you looking forward to this week?
It is going to be an awesome week. We have so many things set up and it is going to be awesome.
3. What are your pday plans?
We are going to the Zoo!
4. What are you teaching in your ESL classes?
I don't know I don't teach. I have been regulated to desk duty since Elder Herculano came in. You have to be a native speaker to teach.
5. How are your investigators?
Doing awesome.
6. How are the members?
Even Better!
7. What areas did you visit this week?
none really we are going to Newmarket this Friday though to meet with Jose Luis. It was getting hard for him to drive all the way from Barrie so we are going to meet up halfway.
8. What did you struggle with this week?
Time Managment.
9. What have you been studying this week?
The Book of Mormon and the New Testament. Also how the spirit speaks to us.
10. If you could pick any dessert in the world what would it be?
Mousse de Maracujá.
No comments:
Post a Comment