Oi Familia Tudo Bem?!
Well another transfer has come and gone and we are staying here in the big city. This will make a year in total in the city that I love. Elder Herculano and I will be staying together and the rest of the Zone is getting a big mix up. Elder Herculano and I are the only companionship not getting changed up in the Zone and I couldn't be happier. We have been seeing so many miracles and the work just keeps picking up pace.
This week has been crazy. We had a pretty normal start to the week.
Monday I had the most painful haircut of my life. We have an investigator from Brazil who went to cosmetology school there and is working as a hairstylist in a Portuguese salon here. I asked her if she could cut my hair because I figured that it wold be cheaper if i went to her than if I went anywhere else. It ended up being free which was good. Because after about an hour of her "practicing" on my hair and then her boss "fixing" my hair with my ever so helpful companion making jokes about how ugly my hair was and laughing hysterically. Followed by after she washed my hair her going crazy about all the black heads on my face. She then proceeded to try and forcibly remove all of them as Elder Herculano was eagerly cheering her on in the hunt for more pimples to pop. I didn't know I had that many pimples until she started going on a popping spree. Needless to say I am glad that it was free because I wouldn't pay for that treatment.
That was only the start to an interesting week though. I have decided now that Wednesdays have been cursed. Three weeks ago car accident, two weeks ago emergency room and then this week... This week on a wonderful
Wednesday afternoon Elder Herculano and I were separated by fate and a fast moving subway car. It was probably one of the scariest moments of my mission. I told Elder Herculano that we were getting off at the next stop and when that stop came I logically got off the train. Elder Herculano on the other hand thought that I had meant the next next stop and so he was looking for a seat and in the hustle and bustle we got lost. I was about to get on the next train we needed to take and felt something was missing. Lo and behold it was Elder Herculano. So I start running around like a mad man trying to find him and when I get up to the street to see if he had walked out the phone rings. It was our Zone Leaders calling to remind us about the temple trip the next day and asking if we were excited. I had to regretfully inform them that while I was excited i was uncertain if Elder Herculano would be able to attend seeing as he was currently lost in downtown Toronto. This started a frantic sprint by me to the next station to try and find him while sending other missionaries to other stations to try and head him off. Happy ending though, a member from the Don Mills ward found Elder Herculano at the first station where he had returned and we were able to meet back up at the chapel. It was probably the scariest hour of my mission hands down.
Other than that the rest of our week was super good we had a fun temple trip
on Thursday and then we had a pretty great weekend with our ESL Party and finding a bunch of new investigators. We are looking forward to this week now and hopefully nothing bad happens
on Wednesday!
On to some Questions...
1. What was the highlight of your week?
Spiritual, Temple Story for the rest of time
Wednesday.
2. Did you have any challenges this week that were unexpected?
See above plus the difficulties of busy city life and trying to meet with investigators.
3. What was the most delicious thing you ate this week?
I don't know probably spaghetti that I made
on Tuesday.
4. What was your best appointment this week?
We had a really spiritual lesson with a new investigator
on Friday that was cool.
5. How are your investigators?
Doing well just really busy.
6. What are you looking forward to in the coming week?
Meeting with investigators also we organized a soccer activity
this Saturday with all of our Brazilian potential investigators.
7. What are your pday plans?
We are going to an obstacle course.
8. How is your weather?
Hot and rainy.
9. How are your ESL classes?
Everyone is Brazilian it is awesome.
10. How are the members?
Doing well we have been so busy that we haven't been spending as much time with them lately. We are working on it though.
Sending you love and prayers. Proud of your tenacity. May the Spirit pour out blessings upon you as you wind up your mission, love Grandma Linda and Grandpa Ed.
ReplyDelete