| Scarborough Bluffs April 24, 2017 |
Elder Smith, Elder Nelson, Elder Gomez and Elder McDevitt, and Hermana Dolton and Hermana Pereira.
|
Oi Familia Tudo Bem?
Well it has been an amazing week here in the wonderful City of Toronto! It has been a crazy week but it has been so much fun with Elder Herculano and just all of the super cool miracles that we have seen this week. The weather has been interesting. It was pretty warm up here this week for the end of April with temperatures reaching 24 on Thursday but now that May has hit it has been raining since yesterday morning. I think Canada got it's months mixed up. But that is okay It just means that I get to wear a rain jacket today and melt while Elder Herculano complains that it is freezing here.
As for our week it was amazing. After Elder Nelson and I finished the divorce proceedings on Monday (Oh yeah cool tidbit about Canadian Laws because He and I lived together for longer than 6 months we were technically a common law couple. In other words our transfer call was more of a divorce proceeding.) we woke up super early on Tuesday morning to pick up Hermana Dolton's luggage and then to drive off to Brampton to pick up Elder Herculano. That was an adventure in itself. We got there and the meeting was supposed to start and there were 7 sisters and then Elder Nelson and I standing in the room together because I didn't have anyone else to be my companion until President showed up for the meeting. So the entire time it was such a surprise as to who would be my companion. Afterwards there was a whole mix up about Elder Herculano's Tiwi Card because it didn't work and then our Tiwi decided to commit suicide basically just a whole slew of problems that ended up with us only getting back to Toronto by like 5:30 and Elder Herculano still being sans one bag. However it was just a rough start to a great rest of the Week.
This week we saw so many different miracles and found so many different people to teach. We started on Wednesday in our first appointment where we were able to set a part member family we were working with with Baptismal Dates followed by a new investigator from English Class. A family that the Hermanas passed to us and lastly the Neves family. For those of you in the studio audience that don't remember the Neves Family were the first people that I ever taught in my mission. We had nothing to do one day this week and I felt like we should go a drop by them. It was a little out of the way and I didn't even know if they were still around because it had been about 6 months since the last missionaries visited them. But we decided to try and get in contact with them and they responded instantly. They asked us to come over the next day. We then ran into the usual problems with schedules never working out until Sunday. We finally went over Sunday morning and shared a message with them about the Plan of Salvation that we had been preparing since Thursday. It was such a spiritual lesson and Elder Herculano invited them to prepare themselves to be baptized on May 21st. We have a ways to go before then but we are pumped!
Well that is about it for this week so on to some Questions...
1. Where do you email us from?
Normally the Maria A. Schuka Library on Eglington and Basically Dufferin in Toronto.
2. How is Elder Herculano? Tell us what you have learned about him this week...
He is amazing. I am fairly certain I am learning more from him than he is from me so far. He is from Fortaleza, Brazil just like Elder Martinez. He is 18, has been a member his whole life. He served six weeks in Sao Paulo Interlagos mission waiting for his visa. He is an amazing missionary and loves the people. Everything here is super cold and different for him and he misses the beach and the ability to go surfing. He has pretty good English for only speaking it for 10 weeks, and is super excited that we can play soccer here.
3. What are your p day plans?
We are going to do as many things indoors and downtown as possible because it is raining today. That way we have that out of the way for the next few weeks where we can explore the city more.
4. How are your ESL classes? Do you have the same group this time around to teach?
Pretty good. Everyone shows up like 20 minutes late though so we should probably work on that. I am no longer teaching though. Seeing as Elder Herculano doesn't speak English we not able to teach. He goes to class though and fellowships all the Brazilian Students.
5. How are the members in your area? Are you working with them often?
Pretty great and yes. One of them brought his friend to English class this we and we are going to teach them tomorrow and the others have started referring their friends as well.
6. What was the best thing that you saw in Toronto this week?
Nothing super out of the ordinary. We did go to the Scarborough Bluffs on Monday though and that was awesome. I will have to get the pictures though to send to you.
7. Who was the most interesting person you met this week?
We met a preacher who tried to teach us about his prophet and to bible bash with us. It was interesting. We also talked to a drunk guy with no hands that wanted to buy us a drink.
8. What are your goals for this transfer?
Many. I want to continue to grow and become the person that the Lord wants me to be. Elder Herculano also has the goal that we are going to baptize all of the City of Toronto so that is also on the table.
9. What are your favorite places to eat now that you are back in the city?
I went to a pretty good Greek diner this week other than that there is a really good Korean Barbecue place, some great sushi where I am friends with the chef, and some pretty good other things that I can't wait to try!
10. What are you looking forward to this week?
We are going to have an awesome week and I am excited for that.
11 Mother's day...any idea on what time you will be Skyping us? Just trying to make a few plans, and thought I would throw it out there in case you need to make arrangements before next Monday. Yeah no Idea we should probably work on that.
Well Loves to you all,
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment