Monday, March 6, 2017

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to All.

Hi All Well Familia? 
    Well it has been a wonderful week here in Portuguese work and I am so excited. It has taken to this point almost 20 months as a missionary and yet still new things happen. I have been working with these two investigators for a really long time and we had set them with a date to get baptized for next week. We have been working really hard to help them get ready to be baptized and to enter into these covenants with there father in heaven. However just like everyone else in my mission in this past week or so everything started going wrong. Our one investigator told us right before his Baptismal interview that he wanted to wait to get baptized, and the other one broke up with his Fiance who was his fellowshipper. I remember feeling devastated this week and feeling that things just weren't going right. I remember praying and thinking about both of them a lot this week and asking God to help them since there was nothing else we could do. Then this weekend as we went with faith to go and give our investigator the Baptismal interview he changed his mind and said that he wants to get baptized in two weeks. Then our other investigator came to church the next day to meet with us and said that after he broke up with his fiance he went and really prayed and read the scriptures. He received a confirmation that the gospel is true and that even if he and his girlfriend don't get married he wants to be baptized. It was a miracle and now both of them have dates for later this month. It was one of the coolest experiences that I have ever had on my mission.
    Needless to say we are super excited for next transfer.  Here is to all of us staying here instead of getting transferred. Other than that this week we went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders and Elder Nelson and I got to stay in our area with Elder Certonio.  He is from Spanish Fork Utah and he is a super cool guy.  It was interesting being with another Utahan for the first time in a while.  It was pretty funny since we would be talking about things like locations and how far it is between the two cities that we live in.  In reality they are like an hour away from each other however that seems like an eternity in Utah.  Here that is nothing though we did that drive last night to get out here to Milton.
   That was about it though.  A pretty great week.  Well on to some questions. 
1. What is the most exciting thing that happened this past week?
Probably our lesson with JL yesterday. 
2. How is your exercise program coming along?
I mainly just do push ups.  I am apparently going to be doing a weight training regimine to get the strength necessary to baptize JL.  He is a lot bigger than I am.
3. What are your pday plans?
We have an appointment at 12 then we are going to get lunch and then zone sports here in Hamilton. 
4. What was the most unexpected thing that happened this week?
Well first that JL and Sister A Broke up.  That was intense.  That was then surpassed by our lesson with him on Sunday
5. What are you looking forward to this week?
Well now I am looking forward to Sunday when we are going to teach Jose again. 
6. How are your soccer skills improving?
they are getting better.  We are mainly helping Elder Nelson to work on his.  I hurt my ankle at the beginning of the transfer playing Basketball so I am taking in a little easier. 
7. Did you do much traveling this week?
Yes.  A ton. I also caught Elder Gomez's Cold. 
8. What are you looking forward to in the coming week?
In the coming week hopefully not getting transferred. Knock on Wood. 
9. What has your weather been like? Spring on it's way?
It has been a roller coaster up here.  We have days like today where it will be like 9 or 10 degrees and then snow on the weekend. 
10. How are your investigators this week?
Pretty great see above.  Only concern is we need to find more of them. 
Well I love you all!
Loves,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment