![]() |
| Kitchener and London Zone Conference Feb 2017 |
![]() |
| Kitchener Zone Feb 2017 |
![]() |
| Singing at Zone Conference, photos from Canada Toronto Mission fb page |
Oi Familia Tudo Bem?
It has been another crazy week on the mission. Our investigator quit smoking, we drove to London, and drove back from Hamilton. Needless to say we spent a ton of time in the car this week and in meetings. We still managed to get a lot done and to meet with our progressing investigators. We have been making lots of plans about finding new and about getting involved in the community. Weather has turned around and I have been wearing short sleeves the past couple of days and probably will be wearing them for a few more. It has been up to around 12 or 13 degrees the past couple of days. Things are getting exciting around here, It is a good time to be in Kitchener.
So like I said above, we have an investigator that has been taught by the missionaries since before I was transferred here the first time in April of last year. He has always progressed at different levels and extents and I personally have set him with about three baptismal dates with him usually to no avail because of his smoking problem. However, today marks a week since his last cigarette and he is going strong. He is excited for his Baptismal date on the 11th of March and we are helping him learn more and more about repentance and the importance of relying on his Savior. It is a cool miracle to watch him change his life. We have another investigator that we are working on getting baptized on the same date as well down in Brantford so that keeps us busy.
Other than that it has been a lot of driving. I have been keeping myself occupied with either letter writing or studying in the car. Generally just trying to find things to be productive during otherwise down moments in the car. It has been a great change and I have been learning so much. Lately I have been studying about repentance and the sacrament because of the Missionary Broadcast and the Zone Conference that we had last week. I have been thinking a lot about repentance and the importance that it plays in everything and most importantly in bringing us closer to Christ and helping us become more like him. I know that I have been working on that and I have felt the spirit so much more and I invite all of you to do the same.
Well question time
1. What did you learn at zone conference?
I learned a lot more about the nature and the necessity for repentance as well as the relationship between faith, diligence, and Patience in achieving success and reaching our goals.
2. Did your valentine from home ever arrive?
Miracle of Tuesday P-day is that I can say yes. We came home last night and a week late I got my Valentine present.
3. What was the most awesome thing that happened this week?
Probably our investigator quit smoking.
4. What are you looking forward to in the coming week?
Interviews with President Shields.
5 How are your investigators doing?
They are doing well we are just working on finding more of them.
6. What did you do to support the members this week? How did they support you?
We didn't do much this week. We mainly saw members for meals. We try our hardest to bring the spirit into their homes and to uplift them that way and hopefully that makes a difference. I know the food helps us out a lot.
7. Did you meet anyone new and interesting this week?
Not really some new elders down in london but mainly just old friends that reconnected.
8. Did you travel much this week?
lots. I am a little done.
9. How are your companions doing? Tell them hello from us!
they are doing well.
10. What did you do for Family Day?
We went and did everything we would normally do on Tuesday because today is P-day!
Well that is all for this week. I love you all so much.
Loves,
Elder Smith



No comments:
Post a Comment