Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Under the Weather.


Trip to the Royal Ontario Museum on Elder Smith's Birthday






Elder Smith and Elder Martinez


Look behind the wolf, I think that is Elder Madrigal


Can you find Elder Smith?


















"Like the entire Ossington Zone showed up"


Oi familia Tudo Bem!
   Happy new year to you all!  I hope that 2017 proves just as great as 2016 was if not even better.  Elder Nelson and I had a great week trying to meet with people and find new investigators.  It was a little hard because of the Holidays and the fact that there were not a lot of people home however we still managed to get some good work done.  We passed the new year here pretty uneventfully in bed by ten thirty and there wasn't even any fireworks to wake us up at midnight.  We had a good day at church and everything seemed fine until last night.  We got a call from our land lady the other day and she wanted us to come over and have dinner with her and her family on Monday night.  we were honored because she is a really nice lady and we have a super nice apartment because of her.  However during dinner I started feeling sick.   Long story short I ended up losing my lunch and have spent most of today asleep.  I am starting to feel better and should be back on my feet tomorrow but sadly this is probably about as long as the letter is going to get.  I promise I will do better next week.  
On to some questions.

1. How was your birthday? Tell us about your trip to Toronto....
It was really fun.  We went to the museam and took a lot of pictures.  Like the entire Ossington Zone showed up which we weren't expecting however it was cool to see all of them.  The day was super fun and I was super glad to be there.  
2. What did you do for New Year's Eve?
We went to bed.  
3. Did you make any resolutions this year?
Yeah I have been thinking a lot about resolutions and we have been focusing a lot on goal setting as a mission.  It seemed to have gone hand in hand and I have been putting a lot of thought into how I want to improve and how I can give my best to the lord this year,  
4. Did you have any investigators at church?
one
5. How are the members doing?
doing well we went to a birthday party of a member who was born two months before the first time I was here that was a surreal experience.  
6. Did you still have ESL class this week during the holiday craziness?
yep sadly no one came.
7. What are your pday plans today?
sleep and try not to throw up.  
8. What are you service projects you completed over the holidays?
we worked in the food bank. 
9. What are you looking forward to this coming week?
getting better also I think we have interviews.  
10. What is Sunday typically like for you?
we go to church in the morning.  have a short break then go to church for two hours in the afternoon, and then we have dinner and an appointment then a missionary coordination meeting and then we go home.  
Well sorry about the letter quality I will try better next week.  
Loves,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment