Monday, September 12, 2016

PARA BENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elder Martinez

Elder Smith and Elder Martinez

Elder Martinez and Elder Smith


After church on Sunday, Sept 11 one of the ward members sent this to me (mom) for my birthday!

And then she made him smile....


Ola Tudo bem Familia?
   To start things rolling today first we must sing happy birthday to my mom.  Everyone clap your hands really loud.  PARABÉNS PRA VOCÊ NESTE DATA QUERIDA MUITAS FELICIDADES MUTIOS ANOS DE VIDA!  Happy Birthday mom love ya!  Well other than that it has been quite the interesting week with Elder Arnold's visit and the changes he has made it has really kept us on our toes. I am excited to implement the things that he has taught us and to see how things are going to work out. I really liked everything that he talked about and it was all things that I was already pondering and that I thought would be coming. I especially liked what he said about how the atonement covers everything and that it is time for us to just start over. Have a blank page and just try again each day.  I thought that that was probably the highlight of the zone conference for me.  Elder Arnold is a great man and very spiritual.  I have never had so much revelation before nor have I felt so drained as I did that day. He changed many things that we do in our mission and explained to us that he had been sent there that day to bring us the Higher law and from here on out only the best was enough.  He spent some time rebuking us and according to elder Martinez he rebuked the leadership into the dust but now we are going to be blessed immensely for our efforts and the changes we make in our missionary work. 
    In other news Elder Martinez and I got in another car accident this week.  It was super scary in the moment but now it is actually kind of funny.  We were sitting in the driveway to our apartment building and we were turning right to get out of it.  we looked both ways and elder Martinez started to pull out into the road.  It was at that point that I yelled and he slammed on the breaks because a drunk man on a bicycle came flying past going the wrong direction and hit the front of our car.  He managed to knock off our license plate and then do a glorious front flip over our hood and land on the ground.  On account of him being drunk he proceeded to stand back up and pick up his bike.  Tell us his name and that he was late to watch the Bluejays game and wobble off on his bike again.  Needless to say the members thought it was hilarious and Elder Martinez and I thought that of all people such things would of course only happen to us.  
Any whom on to questions
1. What was the best thing that happened to you this week?
Best thing that happened this week was probably Dinner with the P

2. Did you have any unexpected blessings this week?
Yeah we were able to finally meet with Brother P.  We went over to have dinner for the second time in the history of ever.
3. How are your investigators and new members?
doing well we are really just working on getting them to keep commitments and to follow through with the things that they know to do.  
4. What are you looking forward to in the coming week?
We are taking one of our new converts to the temple on Saturday
5. How have your ESL efforts paid off? Any new students?
Nope they are slowing down actually we have run out of flyers and still no one is coming.  This kind comes not out except by prayer and fasting. 
6. How are your member missionaries?
Doing great we received more training on how work with them better this week and we are going to be implementing that tonight
7. What was your moccasin experience like? Send photos, please..
We are doing that today so I will send pictures next week. 
8. How was your mission conference with Elder Arnold this week?
Amazing
9. Did you have an apartment check?  Hope it went well....
No we didn't
10. What are your pday plans?
Moccasins and dinner.  

Well I love you all and I wish you the best.
Loves Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment