| Elder Sam Smith and Stephanie Chavez |
| Kevin Najera and Elder Sam Smith |
| Peter Parker, AKA Spiderman |
| Elder Madrigal |
| Elder Akre |
| Elder Taggart, Elder Madrigal, Elder Richardson |
OI Tudo Bem Familia,
Man it has been a great week and very jammed full of the Spirit. It was pretty slow as far as investigators are concerned, (like for all our efforts and talking to people on buses and calling investigators we only got one lesson.) It was definitely the most spiritually enriching week of my mission. Unfortunately it is also one of the saddest days on my mission. After spending my entire mission here in the Christie Ward the Lord has called me away to Cambridge Portuguese. I am going to be serving with Elder Martinez again and I am moving into the second newest Area in Portuguese work. Elder Madrigal went there to open it with Elder Jesus and he has been talking it up like crazy. I am going to miss all of the cool friends that I have made here in the ward but it just makes for a better triumphant return story when I come back.
As for the new area I will be arriving there tomorrow and will let you know the address as soon as I do. At least the area I am moving to is going to be on fire. They had two baptisms last transfer and it is going to be awesome to come in and keep up the great work that they have had in the past. This week though it all started with the wonderful studies and efforts of Thursday, which saw the end of Elder Madrigal's ordeal with the US consulate and some sweet revelation on Humility and Prayer followed by a wonderful week of Revelatory experiences in the form of temple trips and Zone conferences as well as inspired visits to members and part member families. This was actually one of the best pieces of revelation that I received for this week. I came into the zone council on Saturdayy with the question of what I could implement to improve my missionary work. The Spirit hit me so strong as I learned and testified about the power of family history. That same night we had a dinner appointment/ Family Home evening with our Part Member Family we are working with and we taught them the sweet doctrine of Family history coupled with the Easter Initiative. The spirit was there and the family was touched. It was wonderful.
Now Question time,
1. What's the transfer news? Is everyone shuffling around? Is Elder de Jesus about done with his mission?
I am going to Cambridge, Elder De Jesus is going home, Elder Madrigal is staying with Elder Paul. and Elder Gomez is staying with Elder Feth who is coming down from the Great white north of Quebec where he has been hidden for the past 11 months.
2. What are your plans for pday?
Lunch with a member, shopping, and Journal signing.
3. How are things with your investigators?
Okay, Besides the fact we didn't see many of them this week.
4. How is the Portuguese branch/meeting situation?
Awesome I love it personally
5. What are you looking forward to this week??
Man I don't even know anymore. I am going to meet a lot of new faces.
6. What stand out moments did you have this past week?
see above. Also we had a temple trip and a conference with President Clayton about his getting called to the seventy. He also told us about the new mission president.
7. Any news on new mission president?
Their names are President and Sister Shields and they are currently Stake presidents over one of the YSA Stakes in Salt Lake City.
8. Did you resolve everything from your unfortunate theft situation last week?
Yep finally done.
9. What have you learned from this transfer that you will carry into the next?
Humility and hope.
10. What should I ask you that I didn't? Did you have any fun or funny encounters this week in Toronto?
No but I received uncle Marty's message by way of Aric Penkhe so that was interesting. He is a good man and it is funny how small the world is.
Well Loves every one!
Elder Sam Smith
Hey Sam,
ReplyDeleteGood luck in your new territory. You will be great and now you get to find even more friends who will adore you. Lots of love💜
Hey Sam, Grandpa and I love your letters and pray for you daily. We Are proud of you!
ReplyDeleteGrandpa is now a teacher in the High Priest's and my new calling is compassionate service.
The weather here is glorious, BUT allergy season has affected us all. Everything is blooming a month early. We finally got a good rain two days ago.
Ted is selling his condo and wants to move back to the Salt Lake area. We are also hoping to move back next spring to Utah. We have started to clean out closets, etc. and get the house ready.
I am taking watercolor lessons and painted my first animal, a giraffe.
Enjoy your mission, and before you know it you will be home. Love Grandma Linda