Well it has been an amazing week and sadly I lost my camera for all of it so no new pictures. Luckily I found it today so I can repent and sin no more. I am going to try and take more pictures from now on. I mean not like a crazy get back to work amount but a good healthy amount. This week was full of miracles and I am so Pumped for next week! We were blessed to find a wonderful Portuguese family this week. They have two young kids and are very precious. They are a little bit put off by our beliefs and scared of the change but Elder Madrigal and I have been teaching them simple doctrine and bearing powerful testimony and the spirit has been able to really quiet most of their fears. They are still a long way from perfect however they are willing and preparing to progress and make changes in their lives. That was really the Highlight of our week as we were able to go and teach them twice this week and help them go from uninterested and scared to willing and excited to learn more. All of this happens because of the Spirit that was there. It was super great. We were also able to find a new investigator through ESL this week who is super cool as well. She has been super busy so we haven't been able to teach her again yet but she is super willing to learn more and keeps apologizing for not being able to meet with us. As for the other investigators more Miracles, L was able to move into her new apartment which frees up a lot more time to meet with us. Iv after we taught him the true meaning of repentance and the blessings of Baptism set himself with a wedding date and a baptismal date will follow. I was flaky all last week but today sent us a message apologizing and set up her own appointment to talk to us. We are going to set her with a Baptismal Date as well. Everything is going super great this week and it has all come from a conversation that Elder Madrigal and I had about what we needed to change. One of the things that came from that was that I wasn't allowing myself to see that I truly have potential and that God loves me and that I need to Love myself. That has really made all the difference. It definitely came at the right time too as I have been sick almost all week. It has been pretty rough but nothing a little cold medicine couldn't fix. The best test of the new outlook though was the 300 dollar hot chocolate. So a couple of weeks ago we switched cars with the zone leaders for the day and when we got it back there was a hole in the reverse light cover. We were blessed to have to go get it replaced last week. So 300 dollars of our mission money later we have a new car basically and we got so much free hot chocolate from the Subaru dealership that it was almost worth it. Until we get reimbursed we have about 60 dollars left for the rest of the month so that will be fun. Wish us luck.
Questions...
1. How are your investigators?
AWESOME!
2. What is one thing that you love about Elder Madrigal?
He is the funniest thing in the world.
3. How is the teaching of your non English speaking ESL class coming?
challenging but definitely worth it.
4. Are you working with many members right now?
yeah we have 8 dinner appointments this week.
5. What do you have planned this week that you are looking forward to doing?
Those 8 dinner appointments are definitely nice. Also we have a new Easter Video releasing on Sunday the hashtag is Hallelujah and it is about how through Christ and the resurrection we can find new life and be together with our loved ones forever.
6. What is your plan for pday?
going to the mall and sports.
7. What movies are you allowed to watch? (Henry thinks this is a very good question)
Anything with the Church logo on it.
8. What do you do for exercise?
well this week pass out from the residuals of a Nyquill induced sleep. I am better now though so back to running and push ups.
9. From Michael: What is the strangest food you have tried?
Pulvo. Bonus points for who ever translates it. Really though nothing has been that bad. I mean who would have thought that pork neck is so delicious. (hint that is not what pulvo means. That is called simply carne de pourco.
10. Do Canadians celebrate St. Patrick's Day?
Apparently. They are advertising it like crazy.
Well Loves,
Elder Smith
So happy to hear about your investigators progressing. You must be super charged with the Spirit. Grandpa and I went to the Mesa Temple today for an endowment session. We also did sealings for 15 persons 2 weeks ago. All in my family line of course. Love you much, Grandpa and Grandma Linda.
ReplyDelete