Well It sounds like this has been an exciting week back home and I know that it has been an exciting one out here as well. I wish you all a happy fake thanksgiving back at home. Try not to have too much fun and family togetherness with out me. Make sure you have some just not too much. We will be having just a normal week up here in Canada because we, as you all know, celebrate the true Thanksgiving on the second Monday of October. Anyways, this week was interesting and we were a little worried that we weren't going to be able to do as much because we spent the first two days of this week out of our zone at a conference in Oshawa. We were super excited for it though and we spent a lot of time with President Perkins which was really nice. He gave some great insights on faith and about what we were supposed to do as missionaries. It was super cool. Anyways we spent the rest of the week seeing miracles as we made up for two days of finding no one and teaching no lessons. We also found miracles as we watched the temple re dedication of the Montreal Temple and the fireside we threw last night. It was super cool and the spirit was so strong. The Investigators have been doing great this week. We had some close calls with the Nevez Family this week but it ended up working out in the end and they are back on course. They didn't come to church yesterday but they will. That has been my week though and it has been pretty great.
Now for the questions.
1. How is the coat shopping? As for the coat shopping I finally did it so you can stop asking. It hasn't been cold enough for a coat yet it hasn't even hit zero up here in Canada so we are just fine up here.
2. How was your visit from Elder Perkins? Elder Perkins was cool as mentioned before and the Oshawa area was cool too. We slept in Pickering for the night and by we I mean myself, Elder Johnson, and Elder Babbel because the Portuguese elders got separated.
3. What are the temple attendance guidelines in your mission? Temple Guidelines are we go at the end of 6 weeks and two other times a year. Other than that we go whenever we help a New Convert or Returning Member go to perform their own ordinances. Thursday I think is a temple trip for Elder Martinez but I don't know really.
4. What is your daily schedule like? Usually it is Weekly Planning. Daily Schedule: wake up, Exercise, Shower, Eat, Study until like 12, go to Albions, and then teach and preach until 5 dinner and more teach and preach until 9 then planning and then follow ups. I also throw in other meetings, planning, and things throughout the week.
5. How are your investigators this week: Investigators were good. Found 4 New this week and they are all pretty good as well.
6. How are your ESL classes? ESL is doing amazing the work we are doing is resulting in many new investigators.
7. Do you ever ride a train? Describe how you get around most places, how long do you usually spend in transit? I ride trains almost every day. We are petitioning for a car in Portuguese work however. I think that for now we are going to stick with public transportation. It is pretty great to take the trains, buses, and street cars everywhere if not kind of long. When we do French days it is about an hour on transit or more but that is about it.
8. Do the missionaries do any kind of Christmas devotional or Christmas caroling in your mission? As for Christmas we usually do both but as for this year I don't know yet. We will see.
9.How old is the oldest person you have visited? Now Oldest person is a 92 year old women we met this week. She was super nice and said I speak very well.
That is about it this week which is super cool. Love you all lots and I will write you all soon enough.
Loves,
Elder Smith

No comments:
Post a Comment