Tudo Bem familia,
Well this week has been a little bit of a roller coaster as far as the missionary work has been concerned. Since my last E-mail we have had some pretty interesting experiences and some disappointments as well. Starting with last Monday we had a great day of just lounging a fair amount after doing all of our errands for the day. We just spent some time playing sports and getting to know other missionaries better it was pretty great. Afterwards though was a very disappointing day that set the tone for our week sadly. We had both of our appointments with our investigators fall through and a very long day of pretty unsuccessful contacting followed. Tuesday we had some success though and I got to help make coxinhas. We also had a lovely visit with an elderly Brazilian member from Heber City, Utah. After that though more dropped appointments. This was the trend with our highlights of the week being some awesome lessons with the members and a very exciting Zone Conference that stressed the importance of the mission vision. These were some of the spiritual highlights of my week.
Toronto though is a very different place than Salt Lake City, it is bigger, dirtier, and has a much greater diversity and I have been suprised by the number of Portuguese speakers. I have in the past three weeks met a person from every possible Portuguese Country and sub colony that there is, the Azores, Capo Verde, Mozambique, Angola, Portugal, and Brazil, also sort of RIo Grande de Sul (the southernmost state in Brazil that is kind of like there version of Quebec, or Texas. They are a state but really want to be their own country). Also everything is very expensive, except Albion's Pizza and Schwarma, and traveling between appointments on public transit takes forever however it is a great opportunity to talk to everyone. That is the one thing everyone should know. Those planning to serve a mission and those who aren't. We are all blessed to be here and to know what we know and there are billions of people who could be blessed by it. So I have learned more and more each day the importance of talking to everyone you can and opening your mouth. I get to talk about the Gospel of Jesus Christ revealed through prophets so that God can once again in love bless his children. You don't have to preach to every nation, tongue, and people but I encourage you to open your mouth. You may be rejected but more often than not you will have the opportunity to bless the life of someone else. This is my testimony to you this week and I know you will receive blessings as you do it. I love you all and you will be in my prayers.
Much Love,
Elder Sam Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment